Tilt-up construction has been used throughout the United States for nearly a century, but every year contractors push the envelope of what can be built with tilt-up. The 2013 CON/STEEL Building of the Year competition showcases tilt-up innovation, marketplace diversity and architectural versatility.
Two winners were selected from this year’s finalists:
- Architectural Achievement – Grenville Mutual Insurance (Kemptville, Ontario) by SiteCast Construction Corp.
- Technical Innovation – Riverside Five (Frederick, Maryland) by Morgan-Keller, Inc.
Other finalists include:
- Adams Fairacre Farms (Wappinger, NY) by Storm King Group, Inc.
- GE Inspection Technologies TM & CSC Expansion (Lewistown, PA) by Zartman Construction, Inc.
- Hackettstown Honda (Hackettstown, NJ) by Bedrock Concrete Corp.
- InterChange Premier Flex 2 (Harrisonburg, VA) by Nielsen Builders, Inc.
- Monsanto Cotton (Lubbock, TX) by Ayars & Ayars, Inc.
- Shops at Marcus Dairy (Danbury, CT) by Claris Construction, Inc.
Congratulations to this year’s CON/STEEL Alliance™ member winners and finalists! To learn more about these projects, click on the links above to view profile videos on YouTube.