The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is inviting communities to apply for technical assistance to foster sustainable growth in their area. EPA is offering assistance through the Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities program, which offers tools that can be applied in rural, suburban, and urban areas, including:
- Planning Bikeshare Programs
- Supporting Equitable Development
- Neighborhood Planning for Healthy Aging
- Parking Audit
- Creating a Green Streets Strategy
- Using Smart Growth to Produce Fiscal and Economic Health
- Green Building Toolkit
- Sustainability Strategies for Small Cities and Rural Areas
- Land Use Strategies to Protect Water Quality
If selected, communities will work with an EPA-supported team of experts on applying those tools during a two-day workshop. Along with the policies and practices highlighted in each tool, participants will learn more about smart growth development strategies.
Applications will be accepted until Friday October 26.
Click here for more information about this program and application instructions. Communities that adopt sustainable growth strategies have been shown to expand economic opportunity and protect residents’ health and the environment. I encourage you to apply for this assistance.
Do not hesitate to contact me at (937) 259-5795 or DHoying@LJBinc.com if you have any questions or if I can assist you during your application process.